Many of you who have had the opportunity to install SP3 may have encountered the famous “Configuring Outlook Express 6” hang. I don’t mean it’s slow. I mean it just stops. I had to install SP3 yesterday because I needed another patch that Microsoft wouldn’t let me have until I installed SP3. Since I was dealing with infamous BSOD, I was hell bent on installing SP3 so that I could come back to work today and actually do the things they pay me for instead of futzing with this retarded PC all day. I couldn’t find a good resolution to this documented anywhere so I’m posting one here.
My answer to this:
- Hit CTRL-ALT-DEL
- Select “Shutdown” from the menu
- Click on “Restart”
- Once the machine reboots it should be past the error
Microsoft’s Answer – taken straight out of their tech support email:
/* Style Definitions */
mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt;
mso-fareast-font-family:”Times New Roman”;
mso-bidi-font-family:”Times New Roman”;
“Start”, go to “Run”, type in “WAB” and press
“Enter” to open Windows Address Book.
2. Click on the “File” menu, and click “Switch Identity”.
3. Choose “Main Identity”, and click “OK”.
4. Click on the File menu again, and click “Switch Identity”.
5. Click “Manage Identities”, Click “New” to create a new
the name for the new Identity, and click “OK”.
7. Click “Yes” to switch to the new Identity.
8. Click on the “File” menu again, and click “Switch
9. Click “Manage Identities”, select “Main Identity” for
the following options, and click “Close”:
Use this identity when starting a program.
b. Use this identity when a program does not ask you to choose an identity