Ok, Thanksgiving’s over and you have to figure out what to do with that left over turkey. Well, you’re in the wrong place. If you want to figure out what NOT to do with your left over turkey, you’re definitely in the right place.
- Turkey tacos – Turkey tacos are ok if the turkey has been cooked for the purpose of making tacos. Turkey tacos that still taste like Grandma’s stuffing – ‘nuf said.
- Turkey casserole – I think that turkey casserole the week after Thanksgiving might be more of a tradition than the turkey itself. Do us all a favor – go to epicurious.com and find yourself a new recipe. Please. We’re begging you. Just not the turkey tacos.
- Turkey bones – While these might make good broth or stock, they should never be given to pets. Turkeys, like all birds, have hollow bones. These can break and lodge in Fido’s or Fluffy’s throat causing them to choke and die. This does not make for a good holiday.
- Do not fist your turkey. If you don’t know what I’m talking about then just watch this clip.
- Green Bean Casserole – When did this become an official Thanksgiving dish? Mushroom soup and green beans. It’s goopy, kinda slimy, and it comes from a can. You spend hours cooking a turkey but you serve it with some slime-in-a-can? That’s just really wrong.